epublican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced Saturday that scheduled activities on the first day, Monday, of the Republican National Convention, have been canceled because of the possibility of "severe transportation difficulties due to sustained wind and rain" brought by Tropical Storm Isaac, which meteorologists predict will become a hurricane by Monday. The RNC will quickly convene on Monday, but then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon. Monday's speaking lineup will be squeezed into the remaining three days of the convention.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week