Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced Saturday that scheduled activities on the first day, Monday, of the Republican National Convention, have been canceled because of the possibility of "severe transportation difficulties due to sustained wind and rain" brought by Tropical Storm Isaac, which meteorologists predict will become a hurricane by Monday. The RNC will quickly convene on Monday, but then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon. Monday's speaking lineup will be squeezed into the remaining three days of the convention.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Why is Obama still smoking?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week