epublican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced Saturday that scheduled activities on the first day, Monday, of the Republican National Convention, have been canceled because of the possibility of "severe transportation difficulties due to sustained wind and rain" brought by Tropical Storm Isaac, which meteorologists predict will become a hurricane by Monday. The RNC will quickly convene on Monday, but then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon. Monday's speaking lineup will be squeezed into the remaining three days of the convention.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Is it possible to live forever?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- 7 sentences that sound crazy but are still grammatical
Subscribe to the Week