Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced Saturday that scheduled activities on the first day, Monday, of the Republican National Convention, have been canceled because of the possibility of "severe transportation difficulties due to sustained wind and rain" brought by Tropical Storm Isaac, which meteorologists predict will become a hurricane by Monday. The RNC will quickly convene on Monday, but then immediately recess until Tuesday afternoon. Monday's speaking lineup will be squeezed into the remaining three days of the convention.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week