n Saturday, an explosion, apparently caused by a gas leak, ripped through Venezuela's biggest oil refinery, killing 39 and wounding dozens more. Operations were halted at the facility, in what is being called the worst accident to hit the nation's oil industry. According to Reuters, Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez said no production units at the Amuay refinery were affected, and there are no plans to halt exports, "a sign that the incident will likely have little impact on fuel prices."
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week