n Saturday, an explosion, apparently caused by a gas leak, ripped through Venezuela's biggest oil refinery, killing 39 and wounding dozens more. Operations were halted at the facility, in what is being called the worst accident to hit the nation's oil industry. According to Reuters, Energy Minister Rafael Ramirez said no production units at the Amuay refinery were affected, and there are no plans to halt exports, "a sign that the incident will likely have little impact on fuel prices."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week