Tropical Storm Isaac drenched parts of South Florida on Sunday night and is becoming even stronger. Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana have all declared a state of emergency as forecasters predict the storm could turn into a Category 1 or Category 2 hurricane along the Gulf Coast. Isaac is expected to make landfall there by Tuesday night. Luckily, the storm wasn't detrimental to Tampa, where the Republican National Convention is being held. Due to the storm, the convention was delayed and will begin in earnest on Tuesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week