Tropical Storm Isaac drenched parts of South Florida on Sunday night and is becoming even stronger. Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana have all declared a state of emergency as forecasters predict the storm could turn into a Category 1 or Category 2 hurricane along the Gulf Coast. Isaac is expected to make landfall there by Tuesday night. Luckily, the storm wasn't detrimental to Tampa, where the Republican National Convention is being held. Due to the storm, the convention was delayed and will begin in earnest on Tuesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week