Tropical Storm Isaac drenched parts of South Florida on Sunday night and is becoming even stronger. Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana have all declared a state of emergency as forecasters predict the storm could turn into a Category 1 or Category 2 hurricane along the Gulf Coast. Isaac is expected to make landfall there by Tuesday night. Luckily, the storm wasn't detrimental to Tampa, where the Republican National Convention is being held. Due to the storm, the convention was delayed and will begin in earnest on Tuesday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week