yrian President Bashar al-Assad (pictured) and his army are being accused by activists of massacring hundreds of people over the weekend. About 320 dead bodies, including women and children, were found in homes in Daraya, southwest of the country's capital. Many had been killed execution style. This disturbing revelation comes as Assad tries to reassert control over a country plagued by a 17-month civil war.
- The Black Death is back
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
Subscribe to the Week