Seventeen civilians, including two women, were found beheaded in southern Afghanistan on Monday. Officials said the Taliban carried out the bloody attack on the civilians for taking part in a "mixed-sex" music party. The bodies were found in a house near the Musa Qala district. "The victims threw a late-night dance and music party when the Taliban attacked," said district governor Nimatullah, who goes by just one name.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week