ropical storm or no, some 15,000 activists are expected to swarm the Republican National Convention in Tampa this week, followed by another 10,000 protesters in Charlotte, N.C., for the Democratic National Convention. And whether it's Occupy-like complaints about the 1 percent or conservative critiques of abortion, this year's demonstrations are sure to be quite vocal. Here, a look back at past convention protests:
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
- The indignity of canine bath time
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 sentences that sound crazy but are still grammatical
Subscribe to the Week