Mitt Romney said during an interview with CBS that he believes abortion should be an option for women who have been raped or the victims of incest. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee said he would also allow for abortions if the mother's health is at risk. His remarks go against the GOP 2012 platform, the views of his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and huge swathes of social conservatives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week