Mitt Romney said during an interview with CBS that he believes abortion should be an option for women who have been raped or the victims of incest. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee said he would also allow for abortions if the mother's health is at risk. His remarks go against the GOP 2012 platform, the views of his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and huge swathes of social conservatives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week