Mitt Romney said during an interview with CBS that he believes abortion should be an option for women who have been raped or the victims of incest. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee said he would also allow for abortions if the mother's health is at risk. His remarks go against the GOP 2012 platform, the views of his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and huge swathes of social conservatives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week