Mitt Romney said during an interview with CBS that he believes abortion should be an option for women who have been raped or the victims of incest. The presumptive Republican presidential nominee said he would also allow for abortions if the mother's health is at risk. His remarks go against the GOP 2012 platform, the views of his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), and huge swathes of social conservatives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week