he office of former Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter confirmed that the 82-year-old is once again battling cancer. Earlier Tuesday morning, Philly.com reported that Specter had been hospitalized with a serious illness. The Republican-turned-Democrat announced in 2005 that he had been diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease, for which he underwent chemotherapy. When his cancer returned in 2008, he was treated a second time. "I am battling cancer, and it's another battle I intend to win," Specter said in the statement on Tuesday.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Idina Menzel-Taye Diggs split, and 5 other break-ups that hurt us more than it hurt them
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week