Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Tampa on Tuesday, ahead of his wife's big speech Tuesday night at the GOP convention. Mitt's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), also arrived in Florida, as the two men prepare to officially claim their spots as 2012's Republican standard-bearers. The GOP convention will have to compete for media attention with Hurricane Isaac, which could make landfall in Louisiana just after Tuesday night's events wrap up. President Obama also hopes to shift attention to the Democratic cause this week, as he begins a three-state tour on Tuesday through swing states Iowa, Colorado, and Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week