Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Tampa on Tuesday, ahead of his wife's big speech Tuesday night at the GOP convention. Mitt's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), also arrived in Florida, as the two men prepare to officially claim their spots as 2012's Republican standard-bearers. The GOP convention will have to compete for media attention with Hurricane Isaac, which could make landfall in Louisiana just after Tuesday night's events wrap up. President Obama also hopes to shift attention to the Democratic cause this week, as he begins a three-state tour on Tuesday through swing states Iowa, Colorado, and Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week