Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Tampa on Tuesday, ahead of his wife's big speech Tuesday night at the GOP convention. Mitt's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), also arrived in Florida, as the two men prepare to officially claim their spots as 2012's Republican standard-bearers. The GOP convention will have to compete for media attention with Hurricane Isaac, which could make landfall in Louisiana just after Tuesday night's events wrap up. President Obama also hopes to shift attention to the Democratic cause this week, as he begins a three-state tour on Tuesday through swing states Iowa, Colorado, and Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- How names influence our destinies
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
Subscribe to the Week