Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Tampa on Tuesday, ahead of his wife's big speech Tuesday night at the GOP convention. Mitt's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), also arrived in Florida, as the two men prepare to officially claim their spots as 2012's Republican standard-bearers. The GOP convention will have to compete for media attention with Hurricane Isaac, which could make landfall in Louisiana just after Tuesday night's events wrap up. President Obama also hopes to shift attention to the Democratic cause this week, as he begins a three-state tour on Tuesday through swing states Iowa, Colorado, and Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week