Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney arrived in Tampa on Tuesday, ahead of his wife's big speech Tuesday night at the GOP convention. Mitt's running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), also arrived in Florida, as the two men prepare to officially claim their spots as 2012's Republican standard-bearers. The GOP convention will have to compete for media attention with Hurricane Isaac, which could make landfall in Louisiana just after Tuesday night's events wrap up. President Obama also hopes to shift attention to the Democratic cause this week, as he begins a three-state tour on Tuesday through swing states Iowa, Colorado, and Virginia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- California's epic drought
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week