OOD DAY FOR:
A new study finds that running, walking, or cycling, even for a short period of time, can acutely ease cigarette cravings. [Discovery News]
A tourist in Iceland spends the weekend searching for a missing woman... only to discover that she was the woman everyone was looking for. [Gawker]
A student is carried to safety by a few good Samaritans after she faints onto the subway tracks in New York City [New York]
BAD DAY FOR:
After the smashing success of its Doritos Locos tacos, Taco Bell plans to make the fast-food snack available in more flavors, including Cool Ranch. [Consumerist]
A boy sues his orthodontist after his braces are unnecessarily left on for 11 years. [TIME]
Giving Flipper a break
Dolphins in Hawaii suffer sleep deprivation as tourists flood the islands demanding a dolphin show. [LiveScience]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 28, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week