enn State, still a major target of condemnation for its longtime cover-up of ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse, must give back all of the college football team's trophies won during a 14-year period. The team earned six bowl trophies between 1998 and 2011. The punishment is the latest blow to hit the college, which has been fined $60 million by the NCAA. The team has also been prohibited to play in bowl games for four years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week