enn State, still a major target of condemnation for its longtime cover-up of ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse, must give back all of the college football team's trophies won during a 14-year period. The team earned six bowl trophies between 1998 and 2011. The punishment is the latest blow to hit the college, which has been fined $60 million by the NCAA. The team has also been prohibited to play in bowl games for four years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week