enn State, still a major target of condemnation for its longtime cover-up of ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse, must give back all of the college football team's trophies won during a 14-year period. The team earned six bowl trophies between 1998 and 2011. The punishment is the latest blow to hit the college, which has been fined $60 million by the NCAA. The team has also been prohibited to play in bowl games for four years.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week