Another reason to love chocolate: Men who indulge in the sweet treat may actually be lowering their risk of having a stroke, according to a new Swedish study. More than 37,000 men were followed for 10 years, and those who consumed the most (about one-third of a cup of chocolate chips each week) had a 17 percent lower risk of stroke than men who had little to none. The study was published in the journal Neurology.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week