"So I was in the cheap seats, not on carpet, when Ryan plowed through one of the more impressive strings of whoppers we've seen at this level," says David Weigel at Slate. "Ryan's been doling out chunks of this speech for weeks, which made the fibs sound even stranger.
In the spirit of the internet, I will package them in listicle form."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week