OOD DAY FOR:
A Dayton, Ohio, man is robbed at gunpoint at a bus stop, but the thieves give him back $2 — enough for bus fare — before fleeing. [Consumerist]
Taylor Swift promoters set up a contest promising that the young songstress will perform at the school that gets the most online votes — only to have pranksters on 4chan and Reddit skew the results by voting for a school for the deaf. [Newser]
An Italian artist spray-paints a handful of pigeons in the hope that tourists will notice their beauty and stop referring to them as "rats of the sky." [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
A Maryland man inadvertently kills 70,000 chickens when he wanders drunkenly through a chicken farm and flips a switch that disconnects all the power in the coops. [Death & Taxes]
Defensive pizza lovers
A Floridian is taken into custody after he reportedly punches a pizza delivery man in the face for forgetting his garlic knots. [Gawker]
Devoted guidos and guidettes
MTV announces that the next season of Jersey Shore will be its last. [Videogum]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: August 29, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week