Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Last week's question: A county judge in Texas is warning that the United Nations is plotting to take over America. We asked you what the first new law or edict the U.N. would issue if they assumed control.
THE WINNER: Greece ratified as 51st state.
David Zechiel, Lake Forest, CA
SECOND PLACE: High school education required for county judge position.
Sharon LaDuke, Bountiful, UT
THIRD PLACE: No mocking the French.
Tim Spadoni, Niles, IL
State of Texas to be returned to Mexico.
Gerry Devaney, St. Paul, MN
Every male inhabitant of Texas must wear a beret.
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TN
All future Presidents must be born outside the U.S.A.
Michael D. Whitehead, Brighton, MI
State declared resettlement area for Syrian refugees.
Joseph Neuschatz, Port Jefferson, NY
Forget the Alamo!
Al Richter, San Antonio, TX
Amnesty for all New York City parking tickets granted to U.N. personnel, their family and friends.
Edward Kutch, Pasadena, CA
Supersized soft drinks reduced to demitasse cups.
Barbara Romano, Austin, TX
No more "America's Got Talent!" reruns.
Rodger Butler, Kingsport, TN
Flag lapel pins banned.
Hubert B. Herring, Dobbs Ferry, NY
All shower curtains must be placed inside the bathtubs.
June C. Famelos, Tulalip, WA
The hamburger is returned to Europe, its origin.
Richard Kimball, Franklin, NC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Puppies take the plunge
Subscribe to the Week