urricane Isaac has left a "soggy mess" in Louisiana, where several neighborhoods were submerged underwater and homes were without electricity and clean water. The storm dumped up to 16 inches of rain in the area and about 500 residents had to be rescued by boats or water vehicles. At least four people died in Louisiana and Mississippi. The storm may still trigger tornadoes in Mississippi and Louisiana, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Batman vs. Superman: Everything we know so far
- Fox News has already lost its War on Christmas
- Turns out, you can die from laughing too hard
- Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson insulted African-Americans, too
- Watch The Daily Show laugh at the EPA's lazy CIA wannabe
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2013
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Based on a true story? Fact-checking 6 Oscar contenders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why are Democrats souring on big government?
Subscribe to the Week