att Bissonnette, the outed ex-Navy SEAL who wrote No Easy Day, a controversial book about the killing of Osama bin Laden, could be in legal trouble for violating a military non-disclosure agreement. The Pentagon alerted Bissonnette, who went by the pen name Mark Owen, that legal action is being considered. The book is now set to be released a week early, on Sept. 4 . "Further public dissemination of your book will aggravate your breach and violation of your agreements," a Pentagon lawyer wrote to Bissonnette.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week