att Bissonnette, the outed ex-Navy SEAL who wrote No Easy Day, a controversial book about the killing of Osama bin Laden, could be in legal trouble for violating a military non-disclosure agreement. The Pentagon alerted Bissonnette, who went by the pen name Mark Owen, that legal action is being considered. The book is now set to be released a week early, on Sept. 4 . "Further public dissemination of your book will aggravate your breach and violation of your agreements," a Pentagon lawyer wrote to Bissonnette.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week