Matt Bissonnette, the outed ex-Navy SEAL who wrote No Easy Day, a controversial book about the killing of Osama bin Laden, could be in legal trouble for violating a military non-disclosure agreement. The Pentagon alerted Bissonnette, who went by the pen name Mark Owen, that legal action is being considered. The book is now set to be released a week early, on Sept. 4 . "Further public dissemination of your book will aggravate your breach and violation of your agreements," a Pentagon lawyer wrote to Bissonnette.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Singapore's ruling party runs into trouble
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week