Matt Bissonnette, the outed ex-Navy SEAL who wrote No Easy Day, a controversial book about the killing of Osama bin Laden, could be in legal trouble for violating a military non-disclosure agreement. The Pentagon alerted Bissonnette, who went by the pen name Mark Owen, that legal action is being considered. The book is now set to be released a week early, on Sept. 4 . "Further public dissemination of your book will aggravate your breach and violation of your agreements," a Pentagon lawyer wrote to Bissonnette.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week