ollywood conservative Clint Eastwood gave a rather puzzling speech at the Republican National Convention on Thursday night, questioning an imaginary Barack Obama symbolized by an empty chair next to the podium. The so-called "mystery" guest ripped the president on a variety of subjects, from America's high unemployment to Guantanamo to the war in Afghanistan. The octogenarian actor at one point turned to chair and said, "I'm not going to shut up. It's my turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week