ollywood conservative Clint Eastwood gave a rather puzzling speech at the Republican National Convention on Thursday night, questioning an imaginary Barack Obama symbolized by an empty chair next to the podium. The so-called "mystery" guest ripped the president on a variety of subjects, from America's high unemployment to Guantanamo to the war in Afghanistan. The octogenarian actor at one point turned to chair and said, "I'm not going to shut up. It's my turn."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
- El Rey: Robert Rodriguez's ambitious, flawed attempt to launch 'the people's network'
Subscribe to the Week