Is a science Ph.D a waste of time?
Some 50,000 graduate students across the U.S. and Canada will get a Ph.D. in science this school year. But academic jobs have all but disappeared
If these law school graduates think they'll quickly land a lucrative job, they are probably mistaken, says Paul Campos at The New Republic.
CC BY: madmolecule
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week