Is a science Ph.D a waste of time?
Some 50,000 graduate students across the U.S. and Canada will get a Ph.D. in science this school year. But academic jobs have all but disappeared
If these law school graduates think they'll quickly land a lucrative job, they are probably mistaken, says Paul Campos at The New Republic.
CC BY: madmolecule
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week