Is a science Ph.D a waste of time?
Some 50,000 graduate students across the U.S. and Canada will get a Ph.D. in science this school year. But academic jobs have all but disappeared
If these law school graduates think they'll quickly land a lucrative job, they are probably mistaken, says Paul Campos at The New Republic.
CC BY: madmolecule
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week