A 23-year-old employee of the Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, N.J., shot and killed two co-workers Friday morning, before killing himself. The victims, an 18-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man, were working the night shift with the suspect, who, police say, got into an argument with one of his co-workers, before he allegedly left the store around 3:30 a.m., and retrieved an AK-47 and a handgun from his car. Employees were able to lock the doors when they saw the suspect approaching, but he shot through the glass and entered. Police say the suspect was a former Marine and may have had a history of depression and mental illness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week