A 23-year-old employee of the Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, N.J., shot and killed two co-workers Friday morning, before killing himself. The victims, an 18-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man, were working the night shift with the suspect, who, police say, got into an argument with one of his co-workers, before he allegedly left the store around 3:30 a.m., and retrieved an AK-47 and a handgun from his car. Employees were able to lock the doors when they saw the suspect approaching, but he shot through the glass and entered. Police say the suspect was a former Marine and may have had a history of depression and mental illness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week