A 23-year-old employee of the Pathmark grocery store in Old Bridge, N.J., shot and killed two co-workers Friday morning, before killing himself. The victims, an 18-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man, were working the night shift with the suspect, who, police say, got into an argument with one of his co-workers, before he allegedly left the store around 3:30 a.m., and retrieved an AK-47 and a handgun from his car. Employees were able to lock the doors when they saw the suspect approaching, but he shot through the glass and entered. Police say the suspect was a former Marine and may have had a history of depression and mental illness.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week