n Friday, Mitt Romney landed in Louisiana to survey the damage wrought by Hurricane Isaac, which battered the state during the week. "I'm here to learn and obviously to draw some attention to what's going on here," Romney said in the town of Jean Lafitte, which had been inundated with floodwaters. "So that people around the country know that people down here need help." Romney accepted the nomination to be the GOP's presidential candidate the previous evening.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
Subscribe to the Week