lthough Tropical Storm Isaac lost most of its steam by Saturday, much of New Orleans remains without power. Across Louisiana, more than 3,000 evacuees remained in shelters. Mayor Mitch Landrieu said that his "patience is wearing thin." Though hundreds of workers have been dispatched to clean up trees and debris and to restore power, Landrieu worried that the aftermath of Isaac continues to be "dangerous for everybody."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week