lthough Tropical Storm Isaac lost most of its steam by Saturday, much of New Orleans remains without power. Across Louisiana, more than 3,000 evacuees remained in shelters. Mayor Mitch Landrieu said that his "patience is wearing thin." Though hundreds of workers have been dispatched to clean up trees and debris and to restore power, Landrieu worried that the aftermath of Isaac continues to be "dangerous for everybody."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week