Although Tropical Storm Isaac lost most of its steam by Saturday, much of New Orleans remains without power. Across Louisiana, more than 3,000 evacuees remained in shelters. Mayor Mitch Landrieu said that his "patience is wearing thin." Though hundreds of workers have been dispatched to clean up trees and debris and to restore power, Landrieu worried that the aftermath of Isaac continues to be "dangerous for everybody."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- I'm not a parrot. So don't call me exotic.
Subscribe to the Week