Aboard Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week