board Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week