Aboard Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week