Aboard Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week