Aboard Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week