Aboard Air Force One on Saturday, President Obama told USA Today that he's a "huge fan of Clint Eastwood." The interview came after the closing night of the Republican National Convention, during which Eastwood gave a speech and addressed an empty chair that he said was President Obama. Asked if he was offended by Eastwood's speech, Obama said, "One thing about being president or running for president — if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week