he head of the hotel chain conglomerate Marriott sang Mitt Romney's praises during a Mormon church service, saying the Republican had changed changing Americans' perceptions about the religion. J.W. Marriott Junior, a Mormon, spoke at a Wolfeboro, N.H., branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, where the Republican presidential nominee and his wife were attending services. Marriott thanked the couple for lifting the church "out of obscurity," adding that "there has never been as much positive attention...thanks to the wonderful campaign of Mitt Romney and his family."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week