ichael Clarke Duncan, the Oscar-nominated actor best known for his breakout role in the 1999 drama The Green Mile, has died following complications from a heart attack two months ago. He was 54. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound actor, who had supporting roles in box-office hits like Armageddon and Kung Fu Panda, was hospitalized for a myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. News of his passing quickly spread on Twitter, with a number of celebrities offering their sympathies. Duncan's fiancée, Rev. Omarosa Manigault, and publicist announced his death Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week