ichael Clarke Duncan, the Oscar-nominated actor best known for his breakout role in the 1999 drama The Green Mile, has died following complications from a heart attack two months ago. He was 54. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound actor, who had supporting roles in box-office hits like Armageddon and Kung Fu Panda, was hospitalized for a myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. News of his passing quickly spread on Twitter, with a number of celebrities offering their sympathies. Duncan's fiancée, Rev. Omarosa Manigault, and publicist announced his death Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week