ichael Clarke Duncan, the Oscar-nominated actor best known for his breakout role in the 1999 drama The Green Mile, has died following complications from a heart attack two months ago. He was 54. The 6-foot-5, 300-pound actor, who had supporting roles in box-office hits like Armageddon and Kung Fu Panda, was hospitalized for a myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. News of his passing quickly spread on Twitter, with a number of celebrities offering their sympathies. Duncan's fiancée, Rev. Omarosa Manigault, and publicist announced his death Monday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week