Iran may attack U.S. bases in the Middle East if Israel strikes Tehran's nuclear facilities — even if America played no role in such an Israeli attack, according to the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah. The group's Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah declared: "A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great. The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity —American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets. If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week