ran may attack U.S. bases in the Middle East if Israel strikes Tehran's nuclear facilities — even if America played no role in such an Israeli attack, according to the leader of Lebanon's Iranian-backed militant group Hezbollah. The group's Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah declared: "A decision has been taken to respond and the response will be very great. The response will not be just inside the Israeli entity —American bases in the whole region could be Iranian targets. If Israel targets Iran, America bears responsibility."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
Subscribe to the Week