On Tuesday, Apple issued invitations to a Sept. 12 event at which the company is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5. The invitation declares, "It's almost here," and features the number 12 (a reference to the date) casting a shadow that resembles the number 5, suggesting that the newest iPhone is on its way. The phone has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with eager fans exchanging rumors about its new features.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week