On Tuesday, Apple issued invitations to a Sept. 12 event at which the company is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5. The invitation declares, "It's almost here," and features the number 12 (a reference to the date) casting a shadow that resembles the number 5, suggesting that the newest iPhone is on its way. The phone has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with eager fans exchanging rumors about its new features.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week