n Tuesday, Apple issued invitations to a Sept. 12 event at which the company is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5. The invitation declares, "It's almost here," and features the number 12 (a reference to the date) casting a shadow that resembles the number 5, suggesting that the newest iPhone is on its way. The phone has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with eager fans exchanging rumors about its new features.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week