On Tuesday, Apple issued invitations to a Sept. 12 event at which the company is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5. The invitation declares, "It's almost here," and features the number 12 (a reference to the date) casting a shadow that resembles the number 5, suggesting that the newest iPhone is on its way. The phone has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with eager fans exchanging rumors about its new features.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week