On Tuesday, Apple issued invitations to a Sept. 12 event at which the company is widely expected to unveil the iPhone 5. The invitation declares, "It's almost here," and features the number 12 (a reference to the date) casting a shadow that resembles the number 5, suggesting that the newest iPhone is on its way. The phone has been the subject of intense speculation in recent months, with eager fans exchanging rumors about its new features.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week