7.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the Costa Rican coast on Wednesday morning, rattling buildings and downing some power lines in the capital of San Jose some 95 miles away. Much of the Caribbean was reportedly initially put on tsunami watch, though that alert was quickly revoked for much of the region.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week