A 7.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the Costa Rican coast on Wednesday morning, rattling buildings and downing some power lines in the capital of San Jose some 95 miles away. Much of the Caribbean was reportedly initially put on tsunami watch, though that alert was quickly revoked for much of the region.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- How ISIS gets its hostages
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week