7.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the Costa Rican coast on Wednesday morning, rattling buildings and downing some power lines in the capital of San Jose some 95 miles away. Much of the Caribbean was reportedly initially put on tsunami watch, though that alert was quickly revoked for much of the region.
- Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week