The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will inaugurate the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night when they host their bitter rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Despite having won two Super Bowls in the last five years, the Giants are largely flying under the radar heading into this season — at least in part because of the media's obsessive focus on the popular and polarizing Tim Tebow, who joined the New York Jets in the offseason. The Giants and Cowboys play at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How ISIS sells women and children
Subscribe to the Week