The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will inaugurate the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night when they host their bitter rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Despite having won two Super Bowls in the last five years, the Giants are largely flying under the radar heading into this season — at least in part because of the media's obsessive focus on the popular and polarizing Tim Tebow, who joined the New York Jets in the offseason. The Giants and Cowboys play at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week