The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will inaugurate the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night when they host their bitter rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Despite having won two Super Bowls in the last five years, the Giants are largely flying under the radar heading into this season — at least in part because of the media's obsessive focus on the popular and polarizing Tim Tebow, who joined the New York Jets in the offseason. The Giants and Cowboys play at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 of our favorite ridiculously long German words
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why we should all vacation at the exact same time
Subscribe to the Week