The Super Bowl champion New York Giants will inaugurate the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night when they host their bitter rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Despite having won two Super Bowls in the last five years, the Giants are largely flying under the radar heading into this season — at least in part because of the media's obsessive focus on the popular and polarizing Tim Tebow, who joined the New York Jets in the offseason. The Giants and Cowboys play at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week