he Super Bowl champion New York Giants will inaugurate the 2012 NFL season Wednesday night when they host their bitter rivals, the Dallas Cowboys, at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Despite having won two Super Bowls in the last five years, the Giants are largely flying under the radar heading into this season — at least in part because of the media's obsessive focus on the popular and polarizing Tim Tebow, who joined the New York Jets in the offseason. The Giants and Cowboys play at 8:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night. The game will be broadcast on NBC.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week