Some parents will never accept that their kids are gay. Even when they're dead. New York City businessman Frank Mandelbaum set aside a trust fund for his son's child on one condition: That his son, Robert, be "married to the child's mother within six months of the child's birth." The problem? The 47-year-old Robert is already happily married to a spouse who happens to be a man. (Their child was born of a surrogate.) Robert is challenging his father's will as discriminatory.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week