ome parents will never accept that their kids are gay. Even when they're dead. New York City businessman Frank Mandelbaum set aside a trust fund for his son's child on one condition: That his son, Robert, be "married to the child's mother within six months of the child's birth." The problem? The 47-year-old Robert is already happily married to a spouse who happens to be a man. (Their child was born of a surrogate.) Robert is challenging his father's will as discriminatory.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
Subscribe to the Week