Quarterback Tony Romo led his Dallas Cowboys to a revenge-is-sweet 24-17 victory over the defending NFL champion New York Giants Wednesday night, kicking off the pro football season with a rousing game on the Giants' home turf. The Cowboys managed to sack Giants quarterback Eli Manning (pictured) three times, keeping him off-balance and unable to connect with his receivers. Going into the game, the Cowboys had lost five of their last six games against the Giants.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week