Quarterback Tony Romo led his Dallas Cowboys to a revenge-is-sweet 24-17 victory over the defending NFL champion New York Giants Wednesday night, kicking off the pro football season with a rousing game on the Giants' home turf. The Cowboys managed to sack Giants quarterback Eli Manning (pictured) three times, keeping him off-balance and unable to connect with his receivers. Going into the game, the Cowboys had lost five of their last six games against the Giants.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week