Quarterback Tony Romo led his Dallas Cowboys to a revenge-is-sweet 24-17 victory over the defending NFL champion New York Giants Wednesday night, kicking off the pro football season with a rousing game on the Giants' home turf. The Cowboys managed to sack Giants quarterback Eli Manning (pictured) three times, keeping him off-balance and unable to connect with his receivers. Going into the game, the Cowboys had lost five of their last six games against the Giants.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week