At least six suspected Palestinian militants were killed in two separate strikes in Gaza, Israeli and Palestinian officials said on Thursday. At least three were killed by Israeli fire in northern Gaza, with Israeli leaders saying the strike targeted militants who were planting a bomb along the Gaza border. Another Israeli airstrike killed three more Palestinians as they were allegedly trying to launch a rocket into southern Israel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week