At least six suspected Palestinian militants were killed in two separate strikes in Gaza, Israeli and Palestinian officials said on Thursday. At least three were killed by Israeli fire in northern Gaza, with Israeli leaders saying the strike targeted militants who were planting a bomb along the Gaza border. Another Israeli airstrike killed three more Palestinians as they were allegedly trying to launch a rocket into southern Israel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
Subscribe to the Week