At least six suspected Palestinian militants were killed in two separate strikes in Gaza, Israeli and Palestinian officials said on Thursday. At least three were killed by Israeli fire in northern Gaza, with Israeli leaders saying the strike targeted militants who were planting a bomb along the Gaza border. Another Israeli airstrike killed three more Palestinians as they were allegedly trying to launch a rocket into southern Israel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week