On the eve of the Labor Department's highly anticipated release of August's jobs report, ADP Employer Services, a firm in New Jersey, said Thursday that the private sector added 201,000 jobs in August. That's well more than the gain of roughly 140,000 jobs that a Bloomberg survey of economists predicts. The Labor Department report will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST on Friday, and is sure to instantly become fodder in the 2012 presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
Subscribe to the Week