On the eve of the Labor Department's highly anticipated release of August's jobs report, ADP Employer Services, a firm in New Jersey, said Thursday that the private sector added 201,000 jobs in August. That's well more than the gain of roughly 140,000 jobs that a Bloomberg survey of economists predicts. The Labor Department report will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST on Friday, and is sure to instantly become fodder in the 2012 presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week