On the eve of the Labor Department's highly anticipated release of August's jobs report, ADP Employer Services, a firm in New Jersey, said Thursday that the private sector added 201,000 jobs in August. That's well more than the gain of roughly 140,000 jobs that a Bloomberg survey of economists predicts. The Labor Department report will be released at 8:30 a.m. EST on Friday, and is sure to instantly become fodder in the 2012 presidential race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week