n Thursday, Amazon unveiled the new Kindle Fire, its latest challenge to Google and Apple in the tablet wars. The new Kindle Fire features a high-definition screen, a camera, and a self-lighting device for reading e-books. At a cost of $299 — a smaller version will retail for $199 — the Kindle Fire is significantly cheaper than Apple's iPad, and Amazon hopes that the pricing advantage will help the company carve out a larger slice of the tablet market.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
Did God have a wife?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 'Mexican Barbie' and 10 other controversial Barbies [Updated]
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
Subscribe to the Week