etired Illinois police officer Drew Peterson was found guilty Thursday of murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio. The verdict came after five weeks of testimony in which the defense team said Savio's death wasn't a murder at all, but a slip-and-fall accident. The 40-year-old mother of two was found drowned on March 1, 2004, in her dry bathtub in Bolingbrook, Ill. Her death was ruled an accident until 2007 ,when Peterson's 23-year-old fourth wife, Stacey Peterson, disappeared. Savio's body was exhumed and her death ruled a homicide. Peterson, for his part, showed no emotion as the verdict was read. Sentencing has been set for Nov. 26.
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Girls on Film: Stephen Frears' pioneering platform for older actresses
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week