n one of the most emotionally charged moments of the Democratic National Convention, former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) brought the Democratic delegates to their feet on Thursday, and often to tears, by leading the pledge of allegiance. Giffords, who is still recovering from her near-fatal 2011 gunshot wound to the head, walked across the stage without assistance and recited the pledge in a clear, somewhat halting voice. Giffords resigned her seat in January to focus on healing.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
Subscribe to the Week