Two 5.6-magnitude earthquakes rocked southwestern China on Friday, killing at least 43 people. Tens of thousands of people have been forced to flee their damaged homes near the border of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces. According to state news agencies, 150 people have been injured and 20,000 homes have been damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week