Two 5.6-magnitude earthquakes rocked southwestern China on Friday, killing at least 43 people. Tens of thousands of people have been forced to flee their damaged homes near the border of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces. According to state news agencies, 150 people have been injured and 20,000 homes have been damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to make corn dogs
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week