Two 5.6-magnitude earthquakes rocked southwestern China on Friday, killing at least 43 people. Tens of thousands of people have been forced to flee their damaged homes near the border of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces. According to state news agencies, 150 people have been injured and 20,000 homes have been damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week