wo 5.6-magnitude earthquakes rocked southwestern China on Friday, killing at least 43 people. Tens of thousands of people have been forced to flee their damaged homes near the border of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces. According to state news agencies, 150 people have been injured and 20,000 homes have been damaged.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week