GOOD DAY FOR:
Speed demon cowboys
A new stretch of Texas highway will have the highest speed limit in the U.S. — 85 mph — when it opens in November. [Business Insider]
Madonna is photographed with a large "OBAMA" tattoo on her lower back. [BuzzFeed]
A Maryland school nixes formal homework, and instead just encourages kids to read a book every night. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Monetary magic tricks
A Massachusetts magic store owner is sentenced to prison for credit card fraud after making more than $560,000 disappear from a longtime customer's bank account. [AP]
A California woman's beagle surprises the community when it comes home with a human foot in its mouth. [CBS]
An angry Ottawa restaurant owner creates a fake sex site profile for a patron who posted a negative online review of the eatery. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 6, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week