OOD DAY FOR:
Speed demon cowboys
A new stretch of Texas highway will have the highest speed limit in the U.S. — 85 mph — when it opens in November. [Business Insider]
Madonna is photographed with a large "OBAMA" tattoo on her lower back. [BuzzFeed]
A Maryland school nixes formal homework, and instead just encourages kids to read a book every night. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Monetary magic tricks
A Massachusetts magic store owner is sentenced to prison for credit card fraud after making more than $560,000 disappear from a longtime customer's bank account. [AP]
A California woman's beagle surprises the community when it comes home with a human foot in its mouth. [CBS]
An angry Ottawa restaurant owner creates a fake sex site profile for a patron who posted a negative online review of the eatery. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 6, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week