An NFL collective bargaining panel on Friday overturned suspensions against two New Orleans Saints players who had been accused of participating in a bounty ring that offered players cash rewards for injuring opponents. Linebacker Jonathan Vilma and defensive end Will Smith are now eligible to play in the Saints' opening game on Sunday. However, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell can still suspend the players if he cites different violations related to the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week