n NFL collective bargaining panel on Friday overturned suspensions against two New Orleans Saints players who had been accused of participating in a bounty ring that offered players cash rewards for injuring opponents. Linebacker Jonathan Vilma and defensive end Will Smith are now eligible to play in the Saints' opening game on Sunday. However, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell can still suspend the players if he cites different violations related to the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week