An NFL collective bargaining panel on Friday overturned suspensions against two New Orleans Saints players who had been accused of participating in a bounty ring that offered players cash rewards for injuring opponents. Linebacker Jonathan Vilma and defensive end Will Smith are now eligible to play in the Saints' opening game on Sunday. However, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell can still suspend the players if he cites different violations related to the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week