President Obama's speech on the last night of the Democratic National Convention spawned the most amount of tweets ever for a political event, Twitter reported on Friday. The speech led to 52,756 tweets per minute as soon as it was over, a rate that was partly fueled by celebrity tweets. The final day of the DNC inspired 4 million tweets, roughly equal to the amount of tweets the entire Republican National Convention generated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
Subscribe to the Week