resident Obama's speech on the last night of the Democratic National Convention spawned the most amount of tweets ever for a political event, Twitter reported on Friday. The speech led to 52,756 tweets per minute as soon as it was over, a rate that was partly fueled by celebrity tweets. The final day of the DNC inspired 4 million tweets, roughly equal to the amount of tweets the entire Republican National Convention generated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week