resident Obama's speech on the last night of the Democratic National Convention spawned the most amount of tweets ever for a political event, Twitter reported on Friday. The speech led to 52,756 tweets per minute as soon as it was over, a rate that was partly fueled by celebrity tweets. The final day of the DNC inspired 4 million tweets, roughly equal to the amount of tweets the entire Republican National Convention generated.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- What Orgasm Wars reveals about Japan's sexual culture
- How I cut my family's budget by $1,000
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week