t least 39 people were killed in a string of brazen attacks across Iraq, aimed at the country's security forces. Sunday's violence struck in at least 10 cities, including Dujail, where gunmen stormed an Iraqi Army outpost and killed at least 10 soldiers. Shortly after the attack, a car bomb exploded near a group of police recruits waiting in line to apply for jobs outside the northern city of Kirkuk. In the southern city of Nasiriyah, two car bombs exploded near the French consulate. No one has claimed responsibility for the bloody attacks.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week