evere weather struck the Northeast and mid-Atlantic on Saturday night, including two tornadoes that touched down in New York City. The twisters struck the edges of Brooklyn and Queens, knocking out power for more than 1,000 residents. Luckily, there were no serious injuries. In addition, two possible tornadoes were reported in the Washington, D.C., area, and there was major flooding in some New England towns. In northern New Jersey, thousands were left without electricity.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- The secrets of happy families
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- Why America's new love affair with saving is not great economic news
Subscribe to the Week