evere weather struck the Northeast and mid-Atlantic on Saturday night, including two tornadoes that touched down in New York City. The twisters struck the edges of Brooklyn and Queens, knocking out power for more than 1,000 residents. Luckily, there were no serious injuries. In addition, two possible tornadoes were reported in the Washington, D.C., area, and there was major flooding in some New England towns. In northern New Jersey, thousands were left without electricity.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week