.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has rejected a Russian proposal for a U.N. Security Council resolution aimed at stopping the 18-month-old civil war in Syria, calling it pointless and without teeth. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad "will ignore it and keep attacking his own people," she said at the end of the Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation forum. Moscow opposes stiffer U.S.-backed penalties against Assad's government, perhaps because they would harm Russian commercial interests.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Battle in a blizzard
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
Subscribe to the Week