exican federal police say they've arrested a man wanted in the killing of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, whose death is at the center over the botched U.S. gun-smuggling probe known as Operation Fast and Furious. Leonel Sanchez Jesus Meza was arrested 60 miles south of the Arizona border in Puerto Penasco. The probe into the 2010 death of Terry revealed the U.S. was involved in a controversial tactic known as gun-walking, allowing low level buyers to purchase loads of weapons at gun shops with the goal of tracking the guns to major weapons traffickers and drug cartels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week