exican federal police say they've arrested a man wanted in the killing of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, whose death is at the center over the botched U.S. gun-smuggling probe known as Operation Fast and Furious. Leonel Sanchez Jesus Meza was arrested 60 miles south of the Arizona border in Puerto Penasco. The probe into the 2010 death of Terry revealed the U.S. was involved in a controversial tactic known as gun-walking, allowing low level buyers to purchase loads of weapons at gun shops with the goal of tracking the guns to major weapons traffickers and drug cartels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week