exican federal police say they've arrested a man wanted in the killing of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry, whose death is at the center over the botched U.S. gun-smuggling probe known as Operation Fast and Furious. Leonel Sanchez Jesus Meza was arrested 60 miles south of the Arizona border in Puerto Penasco. The probe into the 2010 death of Terry revealed the U.S. was involved in a controversial tactic known as gun-walking, allowing low level buyers to purchase loads of weapons at gun shops with the goal of tracking the guns to major weapons traffickers and drug cartels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week