merican officials handed control of the notorious prison at Bagram Air Base to Afghans on Monday, although questions still loom about "high value" Taliban operatives there, and if they'll remain under U.S. control. President Hamid Karzai praised the transfer as a win for Afghan sovereignty. Earlier this year, the prison came under intense scrutiny after Korans were taken from the library and burned. The U.S. said it was an accident, but the event sparked anti-American protests across the country.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- The secrets of happy families
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Is the rent really too damn high?
Subscribe to the Week