renton Mayor Tony Mack, his brother Ralphiel Mack, and Mack supporter Joseph Giorgianni were arrested Monday morning as part of an FBI corruption investigation. According to the feds: The mayor, known to have financial problems, told undercover agents that he'd use his official power and influence to help a developer with a proposed parking garage project. (The garage was made up as part of the sting.) The trio of defendants allegedly received $54,000 from the developer, who was cooperating with the FBI, and expected to get another $65,000. At one point, Giorgianni was caught on tape saying, "One thing about the Mack administration — when I say that, it's me and Mack — we're not greedy. We're corruptible. We want anybody to make a buck."
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Why the Volcker Rule won't solve the problem of Too Big To Fail
- The last racial taboo
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
Subscribe to the Week