renton Mayor Tony Mack, his brother Ralphiel Mack, and Mack supporter Joseph Giorgianni were arrested Monday morning as part of an FBI corruption investigation. According to the feds: The mayor, known to have financial problems, told undercover agents that he'd use his official power and influence to help a developer with a proposed parking garage project. (The garage was made up as part of the sting.) The trio of defendants allegedly received $54,000 from the developer, who was cooperating with the FBI, and expected to get another $65,000. At one point, Giorgianni was caught on tape saying, "One thing about the Mack administration — when I say that, it's me and Mack — we're not greedy. We're corruptible. We want anybody to make a buck."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week