Said al-Shehri, a Saudi man who was reportedly the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has been killed by Yemeni armed forces, the government announced Monday. Shehri, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate, has been reported killed in the past, only to emerge alive after all. The Yemeni government has offered few details on the attack that reportedly killed Shehri.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week