Said al-Shehri, a Saudi man who was reportedly the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has been killed by Yemeni armed forces, the government announced Monday. Shehri, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate, has been reported killed in the past, only to emerge alive after all. The Yemeni government has offered few details on the attack that reportedly killed Shehri.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week