Said al-Shehri, a Saudi man who was reportedly the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has been killed by Yemeni armed forces, the government announced Monday. Shehri, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate, has been reported killed in the past, only to emerge alive after all. The Yemeni government has offered few details on the attack that reportedly killed Shehri.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
Subscribe to the Week