Said al-Shehri, a Saudi man who was reportedly the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has been killed by Yemeni armed forces, the government announced Monday. Shehri, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate, has been reported killed in the past, only to emerge alive after all. The Yemeni government has offered few details on the attack that reportedly killed Shehri.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week