aid al-Shehri, a Saudi man who was reportedly the No. 2 leader of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, has been killed by Yemeni armed forces, the government announced Monday. Shehri, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate, has been reported killed in the past, only to emerge alive after all. The Yemeni government has offered few details on the attack that reportedly killed Shehri.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week