OOD DAY FOR:
Banking on bacon
A man embarks on an ambitious cross-country road trip in which he will barter with bacon in exchange for food, fuel, and shelter — all as part of an Oscar Mayer publicity stunt. [The New York Times]
A Swedish company classes up its boxed wine by designing the box in the shape of a handbag that includes a strap for easy carrying. [The Frisky]
Going behind the music
Nicki Minaj — who recently rapped that she's a "Republican, voting for Mitt Romney" — thanks President Obama for understanding her "creative humor and sarcasm" after he suggests that she's not really a conservative. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
The Buckeye State
A full 15 percent of Republicans in Ohio say Mitt Romney is more responsible than President Obama for the death of Osama bin Laden. Another 47 percent aren't sure who deserves more credit. [Salon]
A Virginia woman pays $7 at a flea market for a box of old toys, which unexpectedly includes a Renoir painting that had been missing since 1926, and could sell for more than $75,000 at auction. [Discovery News]
The reality of reality TV
A crew member helping to clean out a house on TLC's Hoarders: Buried Alive contracts hantavirus, the same deadly disease that has killed three people at Yosemite National Park. [Consumerist]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 7, 2012
- WATCH: Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly spar over the Obama scandals
- How the White House's war on media backfired
- WATCH: Suspect defends brutal beheading of London man in broad daylight
- A linguistic dissection of 7 annoying teenage sounds
- 10 things you need to know today: May 23, 2013
- Is Greek yogurt hurting the environment?
- Sadly, you are uglier than you think
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Confessions of a trust-fund baby
- The politics behind Kanye West's 'New Slaves'
- Are we on the cusp of a solar energy boom?
- Why Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn doesn't want tornado relief money
- WATCH: Jon Stewart hates everyone in Washington now
- LIVE UPDATES: Massive tornado tears through Oklahoma City area
- Angry at the government? 5 ways you can fight back
- 7 purported health benefits of drinking coffee
- What is a quantum computer — and why does Google need one?
- Why NASA is funding a 3D pizza printer
- The cool backstory of the Slurpee