Andy Murray on Monday defeated defending champion Novak Djokovic, 7-6, 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2, to win the U.S. Open, becoming the first Briton to win a Grand Slam since 1936. It took the Scotsman five hours to dispatch Serbia's Djokovic, who came from two sets down to force a fifth set.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week