Andy Murray on Monday defeated defending champion Novak Djokovic, 7-6, 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2, to win the U.S. Open, becoming the first Briton to win a Grand Slam since 1936. It took the Scotsman five hours to dispatch Serbia's Djokovic, who came from two sets down to force a fifth set.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 deliciously garlicky dishes for summer
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
Subscribe to the Week