Andy Murray on Monday defeated defending champion Novak Djokovic, 7-6, 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2, to win the U.S. Open, becoming the first Briton to win a Grand Slam since 1936. It took the Scotsman five hours to dispatch Serbia's Djokovic, who came from two sets down to force a fifth set.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week