Andy Murray on Monday defeated defending champion Novak Djokovic, 7-6, 7-5, 2-6, 3-6, 6-2, to win the U.S. Open, becoming the first Briton to win a Grand Slam since 1936. It took the Scotsman five hours to dispatch Serbia's Djokovic, who came from two sets down to force a fifth set.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week