Trenton, N.J., Mayor Tony Mack was hauled away by federal agents on Sept. 10 amid allegations that he took bribes in connection with a proposed parking garage — a fake project created by authorities trying to snare him. But the 46-year-old Democrat isn't the first leader of a major American city to have a brush with the law. Here are 7 former mayors with criminal records.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week